How to Build a Scaffolding Tower
We have put together a video demonstration on how to build a scaffolding tower. In this case, we are constructing a tower out of our 5X5 double ladder safeway-style scaffold frames.The tower is two sets high with a work platform and guardrails at the top. The work platform sits at 10′ 8″ high. We added casters to this scaffold tower to make it mobile. Here is the video on how to build it:
- Start by attaching your cross braces to your first set of scaffolding frames.
- Once the cross braces are attached. Attach your casters to the bottom of each frame leg and secure in place by lining up the hole in the caster with the hole in the frame leg and attach using a toggle pin.
- Add aluminum planks to the of the first set of scaffolding and use this as a work platform to build the rest of the tower.
- Attach the second set of scaffolding frames to the top of the first set by setting them on top of the coupling pins located on top of the first set of frames.
- Connect the second set of frames together with cross braces in the same way that you connected the first set of frames.
- Next, add guardrail posts to the top of the second set of scaffolding frames by placing them over the coupling pins.
- Add your aluminum planks to the top of the second set of scaffolding. This will be the working platform for the tower.
- Add guardrails to your guardrail posts. The guardrails will fit over pins located on the posts and are locked in place by a flip lock. To fully enclose the scaffolding platform, you will need four 7′ guardrail posts and four 5′ guardrail posts.
- The last step is to install your gooser bar on the bottom set of scaffolding. It attaches diagonally from one corner post to the other and makes the scaffolding tower sturdy.